Wednesday, December 5, 2012

GINGERBREAD

Sister Ekins MADE gingerbread houses for the youth and Sister Missionaries and us to decorate! I learned that she used to decorate cakes all the time. She is very talented in the kitchen and crafty department (to mention just a few...)  We think the youth really enjoyed it, but I know for certain that I did!

Keely (far right) brought two of her friends Zak and Rachel
Sister Brady (far left) made sure the candy was up to par :)
Before the sticky mess...
We know how to have fun during the holiday season!

My creative juices were NOT flowing...
Dan did the jelly bean "lights" and then watched Louis
and left me to decorate...
Chelsea (left) had quite the time trying to get her walls to stay.
Both Sister Erickson and Brady both tried, then Sister Ekins...
Chels said she ended up just eating the candy off of it ha ha!



I think Sis. Ekins was really glad when everything was cleaned up and done.
She really worked hard for two days making and decorating!
Our branch is lucky to have the Ekins here helping us.
Elder Ekins kept an eye on Dan and supervised the whole process.
He also avoided getting into any of my pictures :(


Sister Ekins made gingerbread men for her tree!
She had about 12 left over and gave them to us,
These little dudes are chillin' on our tree now :)
Dan put up jelly bean Christmas lights on our little house. They looked fantastic!! Yesterday I noticed one "light" missing and inquired about it... Dan said it burned out ha ha! I tried to pry one off then and well they are GLUED tight!! That frosting held after all. ;) Other houses weren't so lucky as to stay together... We all had lots of fun as sticky as it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment